Ottawa, Canada, July 15th-19th 2018
We invite you to join us in the beautiful city of Ottawa, Canada, host of the 11th International Biometals Symposium from 5:00 PM July 15th to 12:00 PM July 19th 2018. The conference will be held at the University of Ottawa, located within the heart of Canada’s capital. More information can be viewed on the conference website (http://fourwav.es/Biometals2018) which will serve as the central location for all conference updates.
We are developing an exciting program that will showcase the outstanding research being done in Biometals field. The symposium will focus on scientific exchange and dissemination of findings related to the following key topics: Metals and gene regulation, Metal transport in bacteria, Metal transport in Eukaryotes, Metals in health and disease, Metal trafficking, Metal homeostasis, Metal cofactors, Metals at the host-microbe interface, Siderophores, and Metals and microbiome.
The abstract submission deadline is April 23th and the last day for registering to the conference without incurring late fees will be May 15th. Please check the website for updates to the scientific program and list of invited speakers.
Ottawa is the capital of Canada and is blessed with an abundance of attractions. These include historic landmarks such as the Parliament Buildings and Rideau Canal, long with national museums and galleries. Visit www.ottawatourism.ca/see-and-do/ for a complete listing of local attractions and events.
We look forward to seeing you in Ottawa this year!
Alain Stintzi, PhD
Professor and Vice-Dean, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa
451 smyth road
Ottawa, ON, K1H 8M5
- Greg Anderson; QIMR Berghofer
- Simon Andrews; University of Reading
- Judith Behnsen; University of Illinois at Chicago
- Rachel Codd; The University of Sydney
- Jean-François Couture; University of Ottawa
- Debbie C. Crans; Colorado State University
- David Eide; University of Wisconsin
- David Giedroc; Indiana University
- David E. Heinrichs; University of Western Ontario
- John Helmann; Cornell University
- Jian Hu; Michigan State University
- Tricia Kiley; University of Wisconsin
- Oded Lewinson; The Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Isabelle Michaud-Soret; CEA-Grenoble
- Marvin J. Miller; University of Notre Dame
- Michael Murphy; University of British Columbia
- Shelley Payne; University of Texas at Austin
- Prem Ponka; McGill University
- Manuela Santos; Université de Montréal
- Stefano L. Sensi; University “G. d’Annunzio” Chieti-Pescara
- Hongzhe Sun; The University of Hong Kong
- Frank Thévenod; Universität Witten/Herdecke
- Hans Vogel; University of Calgary
- Timothy Wencewicz; Washington University in St. Louis
- Anthony White; QIMR Berghofer
- Sebastian Winter; UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Deborah Zamble; University of Toronto
Expires on Thursday July 19th, 2018