[Expired] 1st Workshop on Protein ET : from Fundamentals to Application for Health
The first Meeting on “Protein Electron Transfer : from Fundamentals to Applications for Health – ET4HEALTH”, organized by the Department of Life Sciences of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia will take place on 29 and 30 October 2013 and will be held at the National Academy of Science, Letters and Arts in Modena (Italy).
The workshop is meant to provide an interdisciplinary forum to discuss state-of-the-art advances on both fundamental aspects of biological electron transfer, investigated either with computational or experimental approaches, and on the different applications of ET
biodevices for addressing different pathologies.
The relatively small size of the meeting and the participation fee, which was deliberately kept very low to encourage the participation of younger investigators, will hopefully contribute to a fruitful merging of different expertises and skills.
The topics include :
* Theoretical and computational approaches to electron transfer in biology
* Organic bioelectronics for sensing and theranostics
* Spectroscopy of surface-immobilized proteins
* Nanostructured electrochemical interfaces for (miniaturizable) sensing devices of clinical relevance
Invited speakers :
* Andrea Amadei (Rome)
* Christian Amatore (Paris)
* Fabio Biscarini (Modena)
* Jochen Blumberger (London)
* Jason Davis (Oxford)
* Peter Hildebrandt (Berlin)
* George Malliaras (Saint Etienne, France)
* Itamar Willner (Jerusalem)(to be confirmed)
Further details can be found on the conference website :
Deadline of early bird registration : 30 September, 2013
Registration fees :
PhD and Post-doc : 100 euros(early bird), 130 euros after september 30th
Senior scientist : 150 euros(early bird), 180 euros after september 30th
We look forward to seeing you there.
Prof. Marco Sola (chair)
Organizing committee et4health