19-23 June, 2017, at the Campus of Caparica – research center UCIBIO-Requimte, and ITQB, Oeiras, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal
We are organizing the First Hands-On Training School of the COST Action FeSBioNet, “Understanding the molecular mechanisms of Fe/S protein biogenesis”.
The Training School will be held at the Campus of Caparica – research center UCIBIO-Requimte, and ITQB, Oeiras, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal, in the period 19-23 June, 2017.
The Hands-On Training School aims to give students an overview of the main challenges in studying Fe-S biogenesis pathways, and provide them with fundamental knowledge and hand-on experience in genetic manipulation, protein production, spectroscopic analysis and structural characterization of Fe-S proteins.
- Tracey Rouault, NIH Bathesda, USA
- Mark Fontecave (TBC), CEA-Grenoble, FR
- Ana Sanchez (TBC), NOVA Doctoral School, PT
- Oliver Stehling, Philipps University, Marburg, DE
- Sofia Pauleta, UCIBIO-Requimte, UNL, Caparica, PT
- Peter Hildebrandt, Technical Univ. Berlin, DE
- Gabriela Almeida, UCIBIO-Requimte, UNL, Caparica, PT
- Mario Picciolli, CERM, Florence, IT
- Miguel Teixeira, ITQB, UNL, PT
- Haydyn Mertens, EMBL Hamburg, DE
- Margarida Bastos, UCIBIO-Requimte, UPorto, PT
See pdf below and visit www.fesbionet.eu (direct link: www.fesbionet.eu/index.php/tutorials-2/publications-2/1st-fesbionet-training-school) for more information about the program and details on how to apply, important dates, grants, travel and accommodation.
Please encourage your PhD students and young researchers to join the TS. The deadline for applications is the 7th of April. Grants will be available under COST Action CA15133.
TS-CA-FeSBioNet Local Organizing Committee (PT):
- Anjos L. Macedo (UCIBIO-Requimte, UNL)
- Sofia Pauleta (UCIBIO-Requimte, UNL)
- Smilja Todorovic (ITQB, UNL)
- Catarina Pimentel (ITQB, UNL)
COST Action CA 15133 (http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ca/CA15133) Chair: Mario Picciolli, CIRMMP, Florence, IT
Expires on Friday June 23rd, 2017